Sunday, February 27, 2011

Heavy Duty Coffee Cart

This trailer will be the frame for Good Bike's coffee vending cart.
The bed is 36"x 48" (3ft x 4ft) and the total width is 46" (3 ft 10 in).



The hitch arm is made from 1" round steel tube with a wall thickness of about 1/8". I made the bend with a JD^2 model 3 bender. The arm sleeves into a bigger beefy steel tube that has an ID of about 1" and wall thickness of about 3/16". Really beefy, as far as bike trailers are concerned. As the photo below indicates, it is held on by 3/8" bolts. These will be replaced by 3/8" lock pins to make hitch mounting/ dismounting quick and tool free.




You may be wondering what the heck those things are at the corners. They look like table legs. That is indeed the purpose they serve. The idea was to have a bike trailer turn into a vending cart with minimal time and effort. The feet drop down at all corners to hold up the cart, then the bike can be disconnected and the hitch arm removed.

Here is a front view of the trailer and it's feet holding me up.


Detail of a leg assembly. The legs are 3/4" round tube with some 1/8" flat stock welded at one end. The leg collar has some notable details. It is 1" round tube with 1/16" wall, it has 1/4" nuts brazed to it, and it is tig-welded to a 3/4" square tube that sleeves 6" into the open end of the trailer frame.









3 comments:

  1. Urban Mobility Project was here!
    So was SmallHaul NYC http://urbanmobilityproject.blogspot.com/
    http://smallhaulnyc.blogspot.com/

    Great trailers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking at getting one of these bike trailers - looks like you put it to very good use!Bike Trailer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Mr Benjamin on this topic. gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Mr Benjamin so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. With God willing they grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD. The loan request that my banks here in Ecuador have turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply for a loan from them.247officedept@gmail.com   WhatsApp    Contact:   +1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete